Our aim as a group of schools is to raise aspirations for all and provide basic skill building support for families if needed. We can also signpost families to other agencies and provide activities where families can learn from and support each other if needed. There is a wide and varied offer for parents and carers across the group of schools in the E1 Schools Partnership. See school websites for details of how to sign up. Thomas Buxton Primary School and Stewart Headlam Primary School are the leads for this strand in the partnership.
These are just some of the activities we provide over the course of the year:
- Sessions where Parents can write a CV and job application form that is coherent and clear
- “Made of Money” sessions where Parents can organise and budget with their monthly money income
- Accredited courses where Parents have experience of a work placement in our schools
- Networking sessions for Home school/Parent Support workers so they are supported by and have clarity over the E1 agenda/aims
- Planned secondary transfer sessions with parents and Year 5 taster days
- Support for parents and carers who request ESOL is offered through classes within the cluster and by signposting to other providers such as Rich Mix and the Idea Store